- This event has passed.
Selling Food to Ontario
November 5 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
About this Event
The Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, York Region and the Town of Georgina are collaborating to bring you Selling Food to Ontario!
This webinar will help you create new opportunities for your farm or food business by learning how to expand into new markets such as restaurants, food service, food retailers, institutions and other wholesale buyers.
- market channel opportunities (who buyers are, how they purchase food and what they expect)
- basics of food regulations
- getting your product listed in a retail store and keeping it there
- food packaging and labelling (different packing design types and materials and labelling requirements)
- mega trends in the food industry – risks and opportunities
This webinar is suited for farmers, producers, food & beverage startups and small food & beverage manufacturers.
8:45 am- Welcome & Introductions: Meena Hassanali, York Region and Sean Columbus, Town of Georgina
9:00 am- Market Channel Opportunities Primer: Karen McPhee, OMAFRA
9:15am- Understanding the Basics of Food Safety & Regulation: Renata McGuire, NSF International
10:00 am- Introduction to Food Labelling: Erin Taraborrelli, NSF International
10:45 am- Break
11:00 am- Retail Market Readiness: Joe Turner, Food Industry Consultant
11:30 am- Retailer Perspective: Go Local With Sobeys: Sheri Evans, Sobeys
11:50 am- Mega Trends in the Food Industry – Risks and Opportunities: Brett Willis, Green Enterprise Movement Inc.
12:30 pm- Wrap Up and Evaluations
Don’t miss out on this chance to learn from industry experts! – register today!